The Seychelles is a group of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, off East Africa. The Seychelles is a perfect holiday destination and is one for really relaxing and forgetting about this world and all its problems. It has heavenly like qualities with stunning flora, dramatic peaks and crystal-clear waters, this island is heaven to explore. Snorkelling, kayaking and island-hopping please the adventurous, while Creole food and dreamy beaches provide just the right amount of relaxation. With a steady climate that rarely strays out of the 24 to 34°C range, the Seychelles promises sumptuous sunshine, all-year round. Of course, like any tropical haven, there is a rainy season and if you’re looking to leave your umbrella at home then avoid the months of January and February.
Home to some of the best beaches on the planet, the island nation of The Seychelles is everyone’s idea of paradise. Here are its best attractions.
- Source d’Argent on La Digue has been voted one of the world’s top 10 beaches.
- Find the most deserted beaches near the Hilton Labriz on Silhouette Island.
- Anse Lazio, fringed by beautiful mountain peaks is a must-see paradise beach.
- Enjoy the signature Royal Banyan Herbal Massage at the Banyan Tree Spa.
- Indulge in a chakra rebalancing spa treatment at the Four Seasons Resort.
Food & Drink
- Enjoy top local cuisine at La Plage, Boat House or other eateries in Beau Vallon on Mahé.
- Take a rum tasting tour of Takamaka Rum Distillery on Mahé.
- See the rare Seychelles Black Parrot and Coco de Mer palms at the Vallée de Mai on Praslin.
- Venture to the wildlife-rich Silhouette Island or Round Island in the middle of the Sainte Anne National Marine Park.
- See the giant Seychelles tortoises on Moyenne Island.
- Hike to Morne Blanc in the Morne Seychellois National Park.
- Visit The Natural History Museum and National Archives in the capital of Victoria on Mahé. Visit Mission Lodge Lookout for the history of the Seychelles and spectacular views.
Events & Festivals
- October: Local artists showcase their talents at the Praslin Culinary & Arts Fiesta.
- October: The Festival Kreol is the most important event in The Seychelles’ calendar.
- December: Sports events and exhibitions take place for the Seychelles Ocean Festival.
[image/info from algoos.com/virginholidays.co.uk]