Barcelona have signed Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho in a £142m deal. One of the most expensive transfers of all time eclipsed only by the £200m Paris St-Germain paid Barcelona for Neymar in 2017, and the £165.7m Kylian Mbappe will cost PSG at the end of his loan spell from Monaco.
Liverpool are expected to receive £105m up front for the 25-year-old Brazil international, with the rest in add-ons.
Coutinho will sign a five-and-half year deal at the Nou Camp and will have a buyout clause of 400m euros (£355m). He joined Liverpool from Inter Milan for £8.5m in January 2013,
A little About Coutinho
- Born in Rocha, Rio de Janiero on 12 June, 1992
- Began youth career at Brazilian side Vasco de Gama
- Bought by Inter Milan as a 16-year-old, but remained at Vasco on loan for two years
- Made Inter debut in 2010, but struggled to hold down a first-team place and was loaned to Espanyol
- Part of the Brazil team that won the Under-20 World Cup in 2011
- Joined Liverpool for £8.5m in January 2013
- Scored five goals in 33 games as Liverpool missed out on the title to Manchester City in 2013-14
- Netted 13 times and made seven assists in the Premier League last season to pique Barcelona’s interest
[image from youtube]